₹3,801.00Buy on netmeds
Prevnar 13 is a Pneumococcal (13-valent) Conjugate Vaccine containing 13 capsular antigens of bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes 1, 3,4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F, and 23F, individually linked to a non-toxic diphtheria CRM protein. Prevnar is indicated for active immunization for the prevention of invasive diseases caused by 13 most common serotypes of bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae.
Children 6 weeks through 5 years of Age prior to the 6th birthday
- Prevnar 13 is to be administered as a four-dose series at 2, 4, 6, and 12-15 months of age
- Dose 1 may be given as early as 6 weeks of age.
- The recommended dosing interval is 4 to 8 weeks.
- The fourth dose should be administered at approximately 12-15 months of age, and at least 2 months after the third dose
0.5 mL dose is to be injected intramuscularly
Unvaccinated children 7 Months of age through 5 years of Age
- 7-11 months of age- 3 doses of 0.5 ml each (The first 2 doses at least 4 weeks apart; third dose after the one year birthday, separated from the second dose by at least 2 months)
- 12-23 months of age – 2 doses of 0.5 ml each (Two doses at least 2 months apart)
- 24 months through 5 years of age (prior to the 6th birthday) – 1 dose of 0.5 ml
Important: The immune responses induced by this catch-up schedule may result in lower antibody concentrations for some serotypes, compared to antibody concentrations following 4 doses of Prevnar 13 (given at 2, 4, 6, and 12-15 months).
For latest IAP updates see revised immunization schedule.
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
Severe allergic reaction (e.g., anaphylaxis) to any component of Prevnar 13 or any diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine.